- This event has passed.
The 10th Annual Latke Festival
December 3, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
10TH ANNUAL LATKE FEST
Latke Festival, produced by Great Performances and benefitting The Sylvia Center, is an annual tasting event in celebration of the best latkes and creative interpretations of a potato pancake in New York City.
Now in our 10th year, we ‘re going to make this one extra special and will be hosting again at the Brooklyn Museum.
Join us and our panel of celebrity judges on December 3rd to ring in the holidays, enjoy amazing food and drink, dance to our live DJ, and vote for the Best Latke of all!
www.latkefestival.com | #LatkeFest
Tickets include access to the event along with unlimited latke and food tastings; beer, wine, cocktail and non-alcoholic beverages included.
- Regular Admission: $75
- VIP Admission: $125
*includes exclusive access to VIP lounge at at The Norm Restaurant & Bar at Brooklyn Museum, serving specialty cocktails and snacks,
BENEFITING THE SYLVIA CENTER
All net proceeds will go to The Sylvia Center, a nonprofit dedicated to fighting childhood obesity and food-related diseases through hands-on programs in the kitchen and at the farm to teach lifelong healthy eating habits and culinary skills.
RESTAURANTS & SPONSORS
The Latke-loving restaurants and generous sponsor for the 2018 event are soon to be revealed. To get an idea of what you’re in for, here is the complete list from 2017.
- BAMcafé: Russet Potato Latke with Smoked Duck Breast and Katchkie Farm Hibiscus Rhubarb Jam
- Baz Bagel + Restaurant: Baz Famous LOX-kes
- Benchmark: Plantain, Sweet Potato and Tortilla Latke with Ancho-braised Chicken, Pickled Onion, and Crema
- BK Chef: Confit Duck Latke with Chipotle Sauce
- Burger & Lobster: “Everything Bagel” Latke with Scallion Aioli Lobster Salad
- Cabot: Cabot Cheddar and Herb Latke
- Dizzy’s Club Coca-Cola: Potato and Parsnip Latke with Duck Confit Rillettes and Cranberry Gastrique
- Garden Court Café: Crispy Potato Latke with Rock Shrimp and Spicy Lobster Sauce
- Great Performances: Huitlacoche Latke with Queso Blanco, Chili Arbol and Avocado
- Korzo: Apple Raisin Latke with Bryndza Quark and Crispy Heritage Pork Belly
- Kulushkat: Falatke
- Loreley Beer Garden: German Potato Pancakes with Smoked Salmon
- Mae Mae Café: Sweet Potato & Yukon Gold Latke with Stewed Hudson Valley Apples and Mike’s Hot Honey
- R&D Foods: Deeply Rooted Latke with Beet, Carrot, Onion & Horseradish
- Shelsky’s of Brooklyn: “Latke Reeben” – Caraway Seed-studded Latke, Stuffed with Riesling-braised Sauerkraut and Swiss Cheese, topped with Russian Dressing and Corned Beef
- The Norm at Brooklyn Museum: Plantain Latke with Shrimp Ceviche and Jalapeño Cilantro Crema
- The Sylvia Center: Cheesy Potato Latkes with Hot Pepper Jelly
- Tudor City Steakhouse: Tudor City Latke with Bay Scallop Ceviche, Chive Oil and Edible Flower
- Veselka: Potato Shiitake Latke topped with Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Micro Greens, and Yuzu Dressing with Pomegranate Seeds and Pine Nuts
- Beverages provided: City Winery, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Shmaltz Brewing Company, GuS Grownup Soda, Bruce Cost Ginger Ale, Hubert’s Lemonade, Limation Limeade, Brooklyn Roasting Company, David’s Tea, Boxed Water